in →DIO (click Bard Beard! Who wrote Shakespeare?)
Dennis Rawlins (U.S. astronomer, historian and author) dealt with the literary-historical problem of Shakespeare's authorship, seemingly unsolvable. In Section-D, he summarized the reasons why - in the public eye- academic science has distorted the real problem beyond recognition by raising it to a religion in an "a priori" mentality ..Some of Dennis Rawlins thoughts in Section D (from D1-D16):
1) (D2) Essential Marlowe documents appeared only long after a religious cult status for Shakespeare had been "cemented" ...
2) (D3) Subsequent departure from Will of the records (Shakspere from Stratford), a "money-cow" brand name, would have been too costly and led to chaos.
3) (D4) English Academic profs have not wished Marlowe's suspected lifestyle (eg atheism, homosexuality, informants, etc.) to attach to Will of the works, (the author of Hamlet. )
4) (D5) English literary Academic profs would never admit that they had been taken in by a centuries old deception (that Marlowe's person is embedded in Shakespeare's works), ?
5) (D7) Almost 100% of the academic Shakespeare experts neither heard of it, would never write about or conduct research nor a centrist book or a newspaper would even take one line of type to tell its readers about the "absolute" impossibility that a Shakespeare in his 30. year of life exactly appeared "on"the literary Scene , when Marlowe in his 30.year of "life literary "disappeared, and that both never met or did overlap a single day with their literary ouput!
"D7" Argument alone idicates (in addition to countless similar arguments ... just think of Shakespeare's will) that Shakespeare academic experts were forced early to leave their mind at the cloak room of the Shakespeare authorship problem or largely to dispense with him. (Rawlins: "Park-Your-Brains-at-the-door Dullard ")
The unifying →Marlowe theory solves the Shakespeare case's outstanding mysteries (s.120 examples in the →QUIZ), Shakespeare acedemics haven't ever solved.